Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Best burger in Cincinnati--City View Tavern

I've been feeling that I've been being too negatice over the last few posts about the food. So I'm going way positive here and put out my vote for the best burger in Cincinnati.

And it's.........


City View Tavern


I gotta warn you before you go to the site...it's one of those webpages that change your browser size. I hate those. And I'm amazed by how high-tech the site is, because the tavern is everything but high-tech.

And you can tell by the menu. No salads, no fries even. Just the Big Ted, the best burger in Cincinnati that I was referring to earlier, a BBQ sandwich, a Mettwurst and a grill cheese.

But the burger is great meat, seasoned well, and cooked to perfection. It has a slightly peppery taste that is unique to me. And it's big, and the bun is just the perfect size without being too doughy. It comes along with a bag of Husman's. That's right-no frier.

This tavern feels like a bar that decided to do a couple of meals, but nothing much. And then they decided to do it better than everyone else.

I should also mention the view. Great view of the backsiddde of downtown, looking right at Procter & Gamble's worldwide headquarters. But you can see all the way to 275 in Wilder, Kentucky. Simply a beautiful view of the river.

This is one of my favorite restaurants ever, anywhere. It does one simple thing, but it does it well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com