Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Friday, November 10, 2006

McCormick and Schmicks opening soon

This Dining News Column has some info on the opening of this seafood chain.

Apparently, this is a great thing for downtown dining because M&S are a great restaurant. I'm unconvinced. I am not a big fan of chain restaurants of any sort, even if they have great food. Part of the dining experience should be the local flavor you get--and I don't believe you get that at many chains.

I'm heartened to see that they are doing some interesting things that will make this feel more local, like a Cincinnati mural. And the menu will not be something handed down by M&S corporate. That's partly due to the trickiness of getting fresh fish. I don't get the impression that the menu will be driven by the chef, though.

But this is a high-quality restaurant right on Fountain Square, which I'm excited for. Perhaps I should have said earlier, however, that I don't really like seafood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com