Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Habaneros in the Clifton Gaslight District

For the first time, I had lunch today at Habaneros in the Clifton Gaslight District. The coworkers who I went with were surprised that I had never been before.

I'm a big fan of Mexican food, the Gaslight District and locally owned restaurants. But one blindspot I have is Chipotle burritos. If I'm going to get some thing seemingly Mexican (and I'm not saying Chipotle qualifies as authentic Mexican), I'll head there. So that's my excuse why I haven't been to Habaneros, but after going today, I'll be back.

I ordered the chicken soft tacos with the hot salsa, and I thought it was very good. The best part, in my view, was the amazingly fresh tortillas. I would have thought that they make them on the premises, but they pulled the refreshingly soft and light shells out of a bag. They must purchase them locally, or make them off premises, then bag them.

The chicken and toppings were good. The hot salsa was hot, as advertised. Not as tasty as I would have liked, but it added good spice and heat.

I also tried a piece of the barbeque chicken quesadilla, and it was also very good. Grilled to perfection and filled with a pleasant surprise in the barbeque chicken. The sauce went well with the rest of the Mexican tastes at work. This was a very original dish.

Another treat was the chips, that instead of being fried corn chips are fried flour tortilla chips. Too bad that the fresh medium salsa is nothing to write home about.

Here's a review from Citybeat that compares Chipotle, Habaneros and Burrito Joes. I think I'm going to steal this idea in an upcoming post, comparing my favorite burrito spots.

I'd be interested in hearing what burritos you think I should try before I write that post. And what other dishes should I try at my second trip to Habaneros?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try the Mad Max Burrito-- best thing on the menu. Ask for the Mild sauce with the Chips.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Explorations in Jewish History said...

the margaritas are to die for.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxz low interest loans
credit card consolidation
debt consolidation loans

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Αmazing thingѕ here. I am verу happy to peer your article.
Thank you a lоt and Ι'm looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Also visit my web-site; bad credit personal loans

12:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, p90x workout, baseball bats, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, gucci, chi flat iron, nike air max, bottega veneta, babyliss, ghd, longchamp, north face outlet, hollister, hollister, nike roshe, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, new balance, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, vans shoes, reebok shoes, beats by dre, nike air max, vans, north face outlet, celine handbags, instyler, timberland boots, louboutin, mont blanc, soccer shoes, valentino shoes, insanity workout, ray ban, iphone cases, hollister, nike huarache

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, marc jacobs, moncler, moncler outlet, swarovski, replica watches, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, hollister, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose, toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, moncler, pandora charms, links of london, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, karen millen

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
the north face jackets
coach bags
coach factory outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ugg outlet
nike outlet
adidas football boots
ugg boots
carrera sunglasses
201711.4wengdongdong

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com