Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Qdoba burrito stand in CVG airport

I'm actually out of town this weekend, visiting family, but that doesn't mean I'm not on the front lines of culinary taste at the same time. And while my neice is sleeping, I'm also reporting back to you what I've learned.

For the first time I ate at a Qdoba Grill. I've been told by a friend that Qdoba is better than Chipotle, so I've been wanting to go for a while. This particular Qdoba, however, is in Concourse C of the Delta terminal in the Cincinnati airport. For the purposes of this review, I'll give them a handicap for that and assume that the food and service would be better at a regular Qdoba.

I think the best way to compare and contrast different burrito joints is by simply ordering the same burrito at each. I don't know if this will work when I finally make it to Boloco, but it only seems fair to order a chicken burrito with black beans, both hot and spicy salsas (if available), cheese and sour cream. So that's what I got a Qdoba.

I won't comment on the service for the reasons stated above, but I'll just say that it was about what you'd expect in an airport terminal.

The chicken is advertised as being simmered in adobo sauce. I have no idea what that is, so I googled it. It added a nice zing to the chicken. The hot salsa wasn't too hot, which was probably good considering I was about to get on a plane. The medium salsa didn't add too much taste to the proceedings though, which is why I order it in the first place.

Overall, it was okay. I said I wouldn't pass judgment on all Qdoba's based on one in an airport, but even saying that, I'd be happy to go there again. If there was a Chipotle, Qdoba, Burrito Joe's and Fontova all on a street right next to each other, I'd still go to Chipotle first.

So, anyone who's been to another Qdoba want to shed any light on the differences between a real one and the airport version? And are there anyother places in Concourse C that I should try out?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jordan McQueen said...

There's a Qdoba in Blue Ash, located in the shopping center just past Blue Ash Chili (and past Marx Hot Bagels). The one great item Qdoba has over Chipotle is the Chicken Mole burrito --it's delicious! It's a rich, authentic sauce made of chili peppers and chocolate poured over sizzling chunks of grilled goodness. :)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I navagated here from the tavernwench site, (of whom I am a linker and a low-grade stalker) and wanted to say hi. My own food blog is in it's infancy, and reading your reviews sort of gave me some ideas how to proceed. I've enjoyed reading. Jeff

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, p90x workout, baseball bats, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, gucci, chi flat iron, nike air max, bottega veneta, babyliss, ghd, longchamp, north face outlet, hollister, hollister, nike roshe, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, new balance, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, vans shoes, reebok shoes, beats by dre, nike air max, vans, north face outlet, celine handbags, instyler, timberland boots, louboutin, mont blanc, soccer shoes, valentino shoes, insanity workout, ray ban, iphone cases, hollister, nike huarache

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
the north face jackets
coach bags
coach factory outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ugg outlet
nike outlet
adidas football boots
ugg boots
carrera sunglasses
201711.4wengdongdong

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com